- Friday, January 6th - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM at Coconuts Island Bar & Grill. We will be discussing ideas for events for the
coming year and starting to put the calendar together – hope to
see you there! – everyone welcome - LOT OF PLANNING TO DO –
PLEASE COME PARTICIPATE!
- Friday, January 7th - Robert Render’s 60th Birthday Party! The party stars at Cedar Creek Brewery from 2 PM until 5 PM with Live music from Larry Penny! Then the party moves to the Render house at 88 Tangle Dr., Tool (Arnold Hills Subdivision) from 5 PM on. Bring and appetizer to share and whatever you are drinking. I have amazing friends that have incredible musical talent – so should be some great live music (Kelly Brown, Mike Erias, Steve Bailey, etc.!)! No presents needed – but if you feel you have to bring something - bring a unique or tasty bottle, can or six pack of beer!
- January 12th – 15th - Pardi
Gras in New Orleans - Join some of the Krewe in New Orleans
for a fun weekend of trop rock music! www.pardi-gras.com.
A bunch of our members are going and our own Kelly Brown
will be performing at the Bourbon O Bar on Friday from 12:00-1:00. Come join us for fun in NOLA. Les
Bon Temps Roule!
- January 21st - Brown Penny at Whiskey River Kelly Brown and Larry Penny are playing at Whiskey River in Gun Barrel City – 8 PM to midnight – come support Kelly and Larry!
- January 28th - Zest Fest in
Irving. For those that like hot and spices sauces, we always have a group meet at the Convention Center at 10 AM to get our heat on! If you are interested in going meet at the Irving Convention Center just before 10 AM. Tickets can be bought in advance at: http://zestfest.net/zestfest-2016
- Friday, February 5th - Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM at Cedar Creek Country Club. come find out the latest, help plan and hang out with other great Parrot Heads!
- Friday - Sunday, February 3rd - 5th - Lone Star Luau – Great Music weekend in Marble Falls, TX with Thom Sheperd, Coley McCabe, Peter and Brendan Mayer, Donny Brewer, Matt Hggatt, birttanny Kingery, Southern Drawl Band and More! For details go to Lone Star Luau.
- Saturday, February 25th Bowling Party at Lakeplex Lanes in
Seven Points. You can form your own team of 4 or we can put you on a team when you get there. There will be prizes for Best and Worst Teams, Best and Worst Individual and you can participate in some Bowling Poker for $5.00 a game – You get 2 cards for each strike and 1 card for each spare and the best Poker Hand each game wins half the money – the other half goes to the Cedar Creek Humane Society! Also feel bring to supplies for the Humane Society or cash donations. Price of Bowling is $10.00 a person. The fun starts at 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, March, 3rd - Planning Meeting - 6:30 PM Location TBD - This is a great opportunity to come meet some other Parrot Heads, help plan events,
find out what is going on and maybe volunteer to help with something we have coming up!
- Saturday, April 1st - Denim & Diamonds IX-A Night in New Orleans – 6:00 PM at the Athens Country Club. Come out and support the Library at Cedar Creek. Our own Kelly Brown and The Bad Monkeys are the night's entertainment. For details, go to Denim & Diamonds.
- Friday, April 3rd - Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM at Cedar Creek Brewery -
This is a great opportunity to come meet some other Parrot Heads, help plan events, find out what is
going on and maybe volunteer to help with something we have coming up!
- Sunday, April 8th - Annual Corn Hole Tournament – Registration for 2 people teams starts at 11:30 AM and the Double Elimination Tournament starts at 12:30 PM. Price per team is $25.00 and benefits the Cedar Creek Lake Humane Society. Look for Rules and Entry forms soon.
- Sand Fest April 20 - 24 -Texas
Sand Fest each year a bunch of us travel down the sandcastle building festival at the beach for a long weekend of fun, music, food and beach time. We have 4 or 5
houses full already – but if you are interested let us know and we will see if
anyone else wants to go! http://texassandfest.com/.
- Saturday April 29th - Cedar Creek Lake Festival. Stay tuned for details.
- Friday, May 5th - Parrot Head
Planning Meeting - 6:30 PM Location TBD
- Saturday, May 6th - Cedar Creek Lake Chamber and Kiwanis Car Show & Crawfish Boil - Details available at Cedar Creek Lake Car Show.
- Friday, June 2 - Parrot Head
Planning Meeting - 6:30 PM Location TBD.
- Friday, July 7th - Planning Meeting Coconut Island Bar and
Grill - 6:30 PM - come on up for last minute details on Poker Run - if you have items you want
to donate to auctions, items for goody bags or booze for the booze barrel raffle bring them with
you (don't bring in to Coconut Island Bar and Grill - we will get them after meeting).
- Friday, July 14th -
Poker Run – Pre Registration at Coconut Bar and Grill - pre registration
from 6 PM to 9 PM. $25 per poker hand. Don't forget to get the 2017 Poker Run
t-shirt! Coconut Bar and Grill is located at 2101 E Cedar Creek Pkwy in Seven Points, TX
If you need to rent a boat or jet ski for the poker run, contact Aqua World
Aqua World USA
Lone Star Marina at 903-432-2010.
- July 15th - Poker Run Registration – Coconut Island Bar and Grill – 10 AM to Noon - Come on out buy your poker run hands, buy poker run merchandise, renew your membership in the club or if not a member join, buy raffle tickets and enjoy meeting and mingling with 200 or 300 hundred great people!
- Poker Run Stops from 11:30 AM to 4 PM
- Poker Run Party at Tom Finley Park from 4 PM to 9 PM – look at the schedule below
- The Bad Monkeys playing from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Poker Hands opened from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Silent Auction from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Raffle Tickets sold for Booze Barrel 4 PM until 7 PM
- Live Auction 7 PM
Poker Run Winners announced, raffle winner drawn, and best dressed crew announced – after Live Auction
- July 16th - 9:30 - Clean up at the Park - Meeting at to leave the park better than we got it – come on out if you can!
11AM – Heading up to B n R Country in Mabank for a Bloody Mary and lunch if you want to come out!
- July 27th – July 30th - Riddles in the Sand in Galveston, Texas - ur friends with the Galveston Bay Parrot Head Club put on a great event
down by the beach in Galveston.
Our friends with the Galveston Bay Parrot Head Club put on a great event
down by the beach in Galveston – for years our club was down there in force
but due to some scheduling conflicts with our Poker Run have missed the last
few years – we want to go back in force again this year – it’s
a great long weekend trip – we will be talking about in the meetings – but
you may as well get your hotel reservation and register now! Our own Jackie Lancaster
will be making a return appearance doing the auction!
- Friday, August 4th - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM – Coconut Island Bar & Grill.
- Saturday, August 19th - Join
the phun at Mike & Molly Pyle's Annual Luau. Stay tuned for details. Party starts around 5 PM – Mike and Molly
are providing the main side dishes – think Hawaiian and bring a side dish, your bathing suit
and BYOB. There will be great food and a swim-up bar (if you put your cooler on
the side of the pool!) There address is 113 Slaughter Ranch Road in Trinidad (Key Ranch).
We will be collecting items for the CCL Humane Society at the party – here is their wish
- Clorox Bleach
- Laundry Detergent (“He” only)
- Heavy Duty Cleaning Supplies
- Dawn and Antibacterial Dish Soap
- Paper Towels and Toilet Paper
- Heavy Duty 40 Gallon 3 ply Trash Bags (3 mil)
- Canned Dog Food (Lamb or Chicken & Rice)
- Dry Cat Food (No Red Dye)
- Cat Litter
- Dog Biscuits and Cat Treats
- Similac Formula
- Kong Toys
- Lead Leashes
- Friday, September 2nd - 4th
Labor Day Weekend!
- Friday, October 6th - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location Cedar Creek Brewery.
- Saturday, October 7th - Oktoberfest at Cedar Creek Brewery – they are having Oktoberfest Games this year – maybe some Parrot Heads participating? Noon to 10 PM. Our Club will have a booth from Noon until 4 PM – come on by and get info on Chili and BBQ Cook-off and if you signed up for the Brew Bus you can pay there! If you can volunteer and hour to help work the booth please let us know!.
- Saturday, October 21st - Annual Chili and BBQ Cook-off at Tom Finley Park! Opens to public at 11 AM and ends around 5 PM Start practicing with your chili recipes and your favorite BBQ – I expect this will be our biggest year ever! Pick up your entry forms at the Brewery or on the website www.cclphc.org.
- Thursday, November 1st - 5th - 26th Annual Meeting of the Minds "We're Still Here" in Key West.
Annual phlocking of Parrot Heads from around the world. Visit
https://www.phip.com/meeting for details
- Thursday, November 23rd - Happy Turkey Day!
- Friday, December 1nd- Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location TBD.
- Saturday, December 16th -
Holiday Party at The Render's house BYOB!