- Friday, September 2nd - 5th
Labor Day Weekend!
- Friday, September 9th - Parrot Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM – location to be announced.
- Saturday, September 10th - Angels in Tropical Shirts Golf Tournament - shotgun start at 8:00 a.m. at Kings Creek Golf Course in Kemp. Anita and Kelly Brown’s Charity Organization benefiting Cancer Research is putting on this amazing event! We have all been touched by this terrible disease and this is a fun way to fight back!!!! You can play for $70.00 which includes green fees, cart, lunch, 2 mulligans and a goody bag! All the information you need is on the Angels website www.angelsintropicalshirts.com. Our Club is a proud Sponsor of this event. You can form your own team or just sign up and we will get you a team.
For more information contact Anita Brown at 214-402-5743, Kelly Brown at 214-641-9844 or Robert Render at 972-898-9493
- Saturday, September 17th - Thom Shepard and Coley McCabe - two of our favorite Trop Rock Artists are going to be in town and playing for the Parrot Heads at Coconut Island Bar and Grill - 6 PM to 9 PM – If you have not seen Thom and Coley you need to be there – and if you have seen them you will be there! Thom is CMA of Texas Songwriter of the Year and has written five # 1 hits including “Redneck Yacht Club”, “Private Malone”. And “Beer Season”. Coley is an award winning Singer / Songwriter and has opened for major artist like Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride and George Strait. Thom and Coley are recent newlyweds and put on a great show!!! There is no cover charge for Parrot Head Members – make sure you wear your Parrot Head T-Shirt or bring your name badge.
- Friday, October 2nd - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:300 PM Location TBD.
- Saturday, October 15th - Annual
CCLPHC Chili Cook-off This event is open to the public and held at Tom Finley Park – look
for details soon! Lots of great food and Fun!
- Saturday, October 22nd - Annual Bus trip to Margaritaville Casino in Bossier City - The bus leaves from Gun Barrel City at 8 AM and returns at 9 PM that night – the cost per person is $45.00 and you can bring small ice chests on the bus! This may be our last year as this Casino has been sold and will change after the first of the year. If you are interested get your money into Rod Hobbs or Robert Render limited to first 40 people.
- November 2nd – 6th - Meeting of the Minds in Key West,
Florida – This is the National Parrot Head Convention that happens this time of year in
Key West. This year marks the 25th anniversary of MOTM. This event has dozens
of great trop rock bands, fun events and Key West in November for more info http://www.phip.com/meeting
- Thursday, November 24th - Happy Turkey Day!
- Friday, December 2nd- Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location TBD.
- Saturday, December 17th -
Holiday Party at The Render's house BYOB!