- Saturday, October 1st - Oktoberfest at Cedar Creek Brewery – they are having Oktoberfest Games this year – maybe some Parrot Heads participating? Noon to 10 PM. Our Club will have a boot from Noon until 4 PM – come on by and get info on Chili and BBQ Cook-off, Margaritiville Trip in Bossier and if you signed up for the Brew Bus you can pay there! If you can volunteer and hour to help work the booth please let us know!.
- Friday, October 7th - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location Cedar Creek Brewery.
- Saturday, October 15th - Annual Chili and BBQ Cook-off at Tom Finley Park! Opens to public at 11 AM and ends around 5 PM Start practicing with your chili recipes and your favorite BBQ – I expect this will be our biggest year ever! Pick up your entry forms at the Brewery or on the website www.cclphc.org. Get the Registration Form, Rules and Booth Layout.
- Tuesday, October 18th Cedar Creek Lake Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours 5:30 PM at Cedar Creek Brewery – Sponsored by Cedar Creek Brewery and Cedar Creek Lake Parrot Head Club
- Saturday, October 22nd - Annual Bus trip to Margaritaville Casino in Bossier City The bus leaves from Gun Barrel City at 8 AM and returns at 9 PM that night – the cost per person is $45.00 and you can bring small ice chests on the bus! This may be our last year as this Casino has been sold and will change after the first of the year. If you are interested get your money into Rod Hobbs or Robert Render limited to first 40 people – Bring your money to Oktoberfest!
- Saturday, October 29th - Beer Bus trip to visit 4 breweries in Dallas (costumes encouraged) – followed by Halloween Party at Cedar Creek Brewery! - Going to 4 Breweries in Dallas – the bus is leaving from Cedar Creek Brewery around 10 AM and return around 5 PM! Cost for the bus is $20.00 a person and beer at Brewery will be extra. SOLD OUT – IF YOU REGISTERED BUT HAVE NOT PAID – PLEASE GET YOUR MONEY IN.
- Your invited to a Halloween Party Fundraiser to benefit the Humane Society of Cedar Creek Lake on Saturday October 29th after the Beer Bus Trip from Cedar Creek Brewery. Party starts a 7:00pm at Lanette & Christy’s house -outdoors. D.J, food, drinks and costume contest for $75.00 going to HSCCL. Wear a “Hero” costume. All you can eat and drink for Parrot Heads is a good deal. LOL! Ticket information is below. Please sign up soon as the deadline is Oct 15th. Location: 13577 Broken Arrow, Malakoff Tx. Need more info? contact Lanette at 817-915-8404 or email@example.com
- November 2nd – 6th - Meeting of the Minds in Key West,
Florida – This is the National Parrot Head Convention that happens this time of year in
Key West. This year marks the 25th anniversary of MOTM. This event has dozens
of great trop rock bands, fun events and Key West in November for more info http://www.phip.com/meeting
- Thursday, November 24th - Happy Turkey Day!
- Friday, December 2nd- Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location TBD.
- Saturday, December 17th -
Holiday Party at The Render's house BYOB!