- Saturday, July 1st - Hartman Air Show Party – starts at 3 PM – Scott and Mary Hartman’s house (on the west side of the lake) is one of the best places to watch the Thunder Over Cedar Creek Lake Air Show! Join us starting at 3:00pm for a great afternoon of music provided by Larry Penny and Kelly Brown.
We always like to party with a purpose so Scott and Mary have chosen Angels in Tropical Shirts as their charity for their party. They are selling raffle tickets for a Mini-Max Green Egg package ($20 each) and a 50/50 raffle – winning ticket gets half the pot and the other half goes to Angels ($5 each). Tickets at Scott and Mary’s party. The fun starts at 3:00 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Bring a side to share. BYOB. Stay till after dark for Scott’s Fantastic Fireworks Show (say that fast 3 times)! Scott and Mary address is 118 Baker B Ranch Rd, Trinidad, Texas 75163
- Friday, July 7th - Margaritaville Night at Globe Life Park in Arlington. Join us at the ball park as the Texas Rangers take on the Los Angeles Angels. Game time is 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 14th - Poker Run – Pre Registration at Boondocks
- pre registration
from 6 PM to 9 PM. $25 per poker hand. Don't forget to get the 2017 Poker Run
t-shirt! Boondocks is located at 2101 E Cedar Creek Pkwy in Seven Points, TX
If you need to rent a boat or jet ski for the poker run, contact Aqua World
Aqua World USA
Lone Star Marina at 903-432-2010.
July 15th - Poker Run Registration – Boondocks – 10 AM to Noon - Come on out buy your poker run hands, buy poker run merchandise, renew your membership in the club or if not a member join, buy raffle tickets and enjoy meeting and mingling with 200 or 300 hundred great people!
- Poker Run Stops from 11:30 AM to 4 PM
- Poker Run Party at Tom Finley Park from 4 PM to 9 PM – look at the schedule below
- The Bad Monkeys playing from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Poker Hands opened from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Silent Auction from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Raffle Tickets sold for Booze Barrel 4 PM until 7 PM
- Live Auction 7 PM
Poker Run Winners announced, raffle winner drawn, and best dressed crew announced – after Live Auction
July 16th - 9:30 - Clean up at the Park - Meeting at to leave the park better than we got it – come on out if you can!
11AM – Heading up to B n R Country in Mabank for a Bloody Mary and lunch if you want to come out!
July 27th – July 30th - Riddles in the Sand in Galveston, Texas - ur friends with the Galveston Bay Parrot Head Club put on a great event
down by the beach in Galveston.
Our friends with the Galveston Bay Parrot Head Club put on a great event
down by the beach in Galveston – for years our club was down there in force
but due to some scheduling conflicts with our Poker Run have missed the last
few years – we want to go back in force again this year – it’s
a great long weekend trip – we will be talking about in the meetings – but
you may as well get your hotel reservation and register now! Our own Jackie Lancaster
will be making a return appearance doing the auction!
- Friday, August 4th - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM – Coconut Island Bar & Grill.
- Saturday, August 19th - Join
the phun at Mike & Molly Pyle's Annual Luau. Stay tuned for details. Party starts around 5 PM – Mike and Molly
are providing the main side dishes – think Hawaiian and bring a side dish, your bathing suit
and BYOB. There will be great food and a swim-up bar (if you put your cooler on
the side of the pool!) There address is 113 Slaughter Ranch Road in Trinidad (Key Ranch).
We will be collecting items for the CCL Humane Society at the party – here is their wish
- Clorox Bleach
- Laundry Detergent (“He” only)
- Heavy Duty Cleaning Supplies
- Dawn and Antibacterial Dish Soap
- Paper Towels and Toilet Paper
- Heavy Duty 40 Gallon 3 ply Trash Bags (3 mil)
- Canned Dog Food (Lamb or Chicken & Rice)
- Dry Cat Food (No Red Dye)
- Cat Litter
- Dog Biscuits and Cat Treats
- Similac Formula
- Kong Toys
- Lead Leashes
- Friday, September 2nd - 4th
Labor Day Weekend!
- Friday, September 10th - 17th
Parrot Head Cruise! Seven day Eastern Caribbean itinerary departing 09/17/17 onboard the Carnival Breeze out of Galveston. For more information, contact Andrew Perez via email at APerez3@carnival.com or via phone at 1-800-819-3902 ext. 82433 or on my cell at 305-877-8781.
- Friday, October 6th - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location Cedar Creek Brewery.
- Saturday, October 7th - Oktoberfest at Cedar Creek Brewery – they are having Oktoberfest Games this year – maybe some Parrot Heads participating? Noon to 10 PM. Our Club will have a booth from Noon until 4 PM – come on by and get info on Chili and BBQ Cook-off and if you signed up for the Brew Bus you can pay there! If you can volunteer and hour to help work the booth please let us know!.
- Saturday, October 21st - Annual Chili and BBQ Cook-off at Tom Finley Park! Opens to public at 11 AM and ends around 5 PM Start practicing with your chili recipes and your favorite BBQ – I expect this will be our biggest year ever! Pick up your entry forms at the Brewery or on the website www.cclphc.org.
- Thursday, November 1st - 5th - 26th Annual Meeting of the Minds "We're Still Here" in Key West.
Annual phlocking of Parrot Heads from around the world. Visit
https://www.phip.com/meeting for details
- Thursday, November 23rd - Happy Turkey Day!
- Friday, December 1nd- Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location TBD.
- Saturday, December 16th -
Holiday Party at The Render's house BYOB!